ltsp F8 x86_64

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 12 17:37:51 UTC 2007

I have two issues here (so far) when trying to set up LTSP on this F8 x86_64
machine.

When I attempt to start nfs I get this error:

# service nfs start
Starting NFS services:  exportfs: Warning: /var/opt/ltsp/swapfiles does not
exist [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas: Cannot register service: RPC: Authentication error; why =
Client credential too weak rpc.rquotad: unable to register (RQUOTAPROG,
RQUOTAVERS, udp). [FAILED]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [FAILED]

The second roadblock that I have just run into is that I don't know how to get
ltspswapd installed properly.  I can't just download and use the "regular" rpm
 described here  http://www.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Swap because it's
i386.

I found this:

http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/source/ltspswapd/

And there is a .src.rpm there that compiled fine. But when I went to install it
it told me that it requires /etc/ltsp5/ltsp.conf which, of course, I don't have.

I guess I could make a fake one if I need to.

What's my best course of action at this point?