(fedora) Re: F8 : internet Radio problem

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Tue Nov 13 14:35:33 UTC 2007

Karl F. Larsen wrote on 13-NOV-2007 14:24:07.98
Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
>> I have a problem accessing websites supplying radio by internet. On my F7
>> system with mplayer-plugin it worked perefect.
>> Now I did a "fresh" F8 install. Installed the mplayer stuff from livna but I
>> do not get any "audio" on the machine
>>
>> when I try (with firefox)
>>   http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/ram/r3g2.ram
>> It suggest to open it with "gedit"
>>
>> when I try (with firefox)
>>   http://www.dr.dk/netradio/metafilter/asx/DR_Klassisk_32.asx
>> It shows some bar and volume knob, but stays downloading and no sound is heard
>
>    I got VLC from lavina on F8 and it works fine with good audio from
>the sound card. I suggest you try VLC and see if it works for you. As
>for the problem with Firefox I tried the BBC link and it worked fine
>through VLC.

Got vlc. It only plays the leader of the BBC link and not the stream. The
Danish lik seems to be played correctly.

Still got this problem with firefox. Seems that the plug-in management does
not work. How can I edit it?

            Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd