pulseaudio == disaster ??

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Nov 13 22:31:26 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> David A. De Graaf wrote:
>
>>     #!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> The interpreter for this script
>>

>>     # Create autoload entries for the device drivers
>>     add-autoload-sink output module-alsa-sink device=plughw:0,0
>> rate=48000 sink_name=output
>>     add-autoload-sink output2 module-oss device=/dev/dsp1 record=0
>> sink_name=output2
>>     add-autoload-sink combined module-combine master=output
>> slaves=output2 sink_name=combined
>>
>>     < remaining commands snipped >
>>
>> Clearly, this instruction is not to be taken literally;  the script
>> contains commands that do not exist in Linux.
>
> Presumably pulseaudio knows how to do those commands.
>

> The purpose of the first line of a shell script is to indentify the
> interpreter used to run it. I've seen sh, csh, pdksh, perl, python,
> wish and make used this way, and there's bound to be lots more.
>
> The interpreter implements the language.

    I just got my /home directory from F7 attached to this F8 computer
so now I am using F8 100% of the time. I have been using the sound card
audio and to be certain I can not hear anything sounding like
pulseaudio. It sounds just like it did on F7.

    Right now I don't see any problem.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User