pulseaudio == disaster ??

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Nov 13 23:55:09 UTC 2007

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:56:25 -0500
> "David A. De Graaf" <dad at datix.us> wrote:
>

>> 5 - The http://www.pulseaudio.org/ web page is a paean to the wonders of
>> this new system, but has precious little instruction on how to
>> actually make it work.
>>

> My impression exactly. I even figured out I probably needed
> a daemon running, so I tried to find out the name of the program
> to run or what arguments to give it. The information may be on
> the pulseaudio web site somewhere, but it is hidden under
> the enormous pile of self promotion :-).
>
> I removed the alsa pulseaudio plugin pagkage and everything
> is back to normal :-).
>
> How many releases did it take before even a small number
> of people started saying selinux was easy to use? I think
> pulseaudio may need about the same number...

    I was watching and listening to a file when a high noise level NEVER
heard on F7 showed up on F8. I turned it off and then right back on and
the second time it seemed to work. This pulseaudio and Selinux are a
real pair of cases. I have yet to see any advantage to either.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User