f8 nvidia - dynamic kernel module support

Mitsuho Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Wed Nov 14 02:40:28 UTC 2007

Hi,

From: Antonio <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: f8 nvidia - dynamic kernel module support
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:35:47 +0100

> you are right...
>
> In my setup, I use livna for everything but nvidia (I feel more
> comfortable with nvidia from freshrpms): I have the feeling that
> multimedia rpms from livna are better than freshrpms - I don't know
> why, but I have no problems with radio streaming, maybe just a feeling
> :-)

Really ? Xine from freshrpm is better, I think. Yesterday, I replace
it from livna to listen to the amarok radio stream. That's fine. So
far, I compiled them from source code. I don't know exactly, but there
are a lot of restrictions about the rpms from the livna.

> I am looking forward merging freshrpms and livna (what else??) as
> already announced.....

That means we will have to have a limitation ? ....

// M.Iizuka