f8: NetworkManager problem (ex f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem)

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Wed Nov 14 10:58:39 UTC 2007

I have 2 VM in vmware (f7 and f8) and the behavior of NM is different.

All machine are:
 o Up to date
 o network + NetworkManager* set to on and start
 o runlever 5
 o BOOTPROTO=dhcp in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

If I stop then start VM, from my laptop:
 f7) I can access to VM via "ssh 10.1.1.7" (IP is set via DHCP)
 f8) I cannot access to VM via "ssh 10.1.1.8" (IP is NOT set)

Only if I login from vmware console in f8, f8 set IP via DHCP and
network work.

Which of these two behaviors is correct?
It is possible configure f8 so that they behave like f7?

Thank for reply

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>