pulseaudio == disaster ??

John Austin ja at jaa.org.uk
Wed Nov 14 16:55:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 18:59 +0800, Yuan Yijun wrote:
> In fact I am very curious about how pulseaudio daemon got activated.
> It is not a good idea to start with esd, or with xinitrc. But I do
> like the idea that start it during console session instead of system
> wide daemon like in gentoo. For console users, if the apps that using
> pulseaudio could activate it directly or indirectly, that would be
> great.
>

> Thanks!
>

> --
> bbbush ^_^

Just cross posting from another thread for info

F8 pulseaudio poor sound problem

Work around for vlc poor sound !!!!!!!!!!
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/7710121/out.ogg
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-lib/+bug/103025
Just set Prefs/Audio/Output modules to Linux OSS audio output
Remember to either scroll or enlarge the window to see
the pull down menu !!!!!!!!!

John