F8 Installation Issue - Second Try

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Nov 14 17:13:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:28:19 -0800
Srikanth Konjarla <srikanth.konjarla at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried network installation booting through Rescue CD but the
> installation fails with the same error.

OK, it probably isn't the drive, but if you want to avoid
the drive entirely, you can mount the iso image file and
extract the isolinux/vmlinuz and isolinux/initrd.img files,
stash them in the /boot directory of your existing linux
and make a grub entry pointing to them, you can then boot into
the installer directly without needing a dvd or cd at all
(I've been doing this a lot on machines at work so I don't
have to crawl under desks to get to the dvd drive :-).

Of course, if there really is no drive problem, none of this
will do any good :-(.