Metadata file does not match checksum

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Nov 15 02:18:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:26:05 -0500
Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:

> Man, this is getting REALLY old. I've updated all the yum files I can
> find for FC7. Has something changed that I didn't catch, to
> my /etc/repo.d files or their configurations over the last couple of
> weeks to get this continually, or is it a mirror problem? I'm getting no
> place fast.
>
> Someone just shoot me, Ric

It seems to be a persistent problem with bad data getting picked
up by the mirrors. If it is still only the group data (comps.xml
or something like that) you can always use the command line
yum tool because it doesn't care about the group data (but all
the gui tools insist on having it, which has led me to pretty
much abandon the gui updaters).