Copy words still broken-Solved!

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Fri Nov 16 00:15:32 UTC 2007

On 15Nov2007 16:08, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Nataraj wrote:
>>> I would start by running the xev program and put the mouse in the black
>>> box and see if you are generating a button 2 press and release by
>>> pressing both the left and right button.  Also check the left and right
>>> button seperately.
[...]
>>> If you are not generating the button2 press, I would look to see if you
>>> have the "Emulate3buttons" option for your mouse in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
>>> My mouse section looks like this:
>>>
>>> Section "InputDevice"
>>>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>>>         Driver      "mouse"
>>>         Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>>>         Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
>>>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>>>         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
>>> EndSection
[...]
>> Hi and thank you. I found that the darn thing had "no" for emulate. I
>> fixed that. How it got to be no I have no idea....
>> Karl
>>
> Boy what a great help! I did the obvious you suggested and rebooted and now
> the copy words is working just as it used to. How it got changed to no
> emulate is a mystery.

If you were fiddling with your video driver setups (and thus the xorg.conf)
earlier, which I think you were, some automatic tool may have editing this
setting for you (or a cut/paste from an example xorg.conf might also have
managed it). Just possibilities.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

You can't always get what you want.     - The Rolling Stones