OT: Computer's electrical outlet

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 16 07:23:08 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:49:45 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll check that, alright. I _think_ it's legal as so far as I know (I
> could very well be wrong) the legal code states one splitter on each
> outlet, and that's what she's got. It's certainly not safe, but it may
> be legal.

Electrical regulations vary substantially from place to place even within the
same area. I have electrical inspectors (gas inspectors, fire inspectors,
health inspectors, boiler inspectors, inspector inspectors I suppose) go
through my theatre on a regular basis.  One of those guys told me that it's
illegal to use an extension cord in commercial building in some cities around
here.  Not in my city, though -- I had never heard of a restriction like that
before.