Thunderbird

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sat Nov 17 04:57:16 UTC 2007

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Albert Graham wrote:
>>
>> It seems you are correct, this future (menu option called "messages")
>> has been removed in Thunderbird 2.x - what a  shame :(
>
> Sounds like someone is jumping to conclusions.  I'm using the current
> official Fedora 8 thunderbird 2.0.0.9 update, and was previously using
> the stock Fedora 8 thunderbird.  Prior to that I used thunderbird 2.x
> on Fedora 7.
>
> The "View->Messages" submenu on the main window's pulldown menus has
> been there in every single release as I use it all the time.  As
> mentioned in a previous mail in this thread, it is the main
> thunderbird screen that must be used, not the message composition window.

I'm looking at the pull downs in the top bar    where I see   ...Edit
View   Insert....  in the main or home Thunderbird window
and under View I see only the following items with "Message" in their
titles:
    Message Body as
    Message Source
    Message Security Info

This is the same using Thunderbird 2.0.0.5 (20070727) on F7 Moonshine
and  Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071115) on F8 Werewolf

I do not see a "Messages"  menu item.

Is it possible that there is a customization that is making this visible
or invisible?

~~R