evince? = train wreck

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:43:39 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007 10:30 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have NDI how it came to be FF-2.0.0.9's fav pdf renderer, it didn't show in
> an about:config, nor did it show up in the kde file associations, all of
> which were set to use acroread for viewing a pdf.
>
> But somehow, firefox seemed to think it had to use evince, which worked fairly
> well & fast, but just one HUGE problem.  All the characters were rendered in
> the correct left to right order, but they were mirrored right to left!  Veddy
> difficult to read needless to say.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> =

I've had the same experience.  Here's the magic bullet.

While reading the fedora list a while ago, Aaron Konstam posted a great tip.

"But to do what you want got to: about:config
Change:
browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions to false

The in: Edit->Preferences->Content->Manage you can make firefox any
program you want to open pdf files."

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science