[Fedora] Layer 7 Load Balancer

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Nov 19 19:41:24 UTC 2007

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> My problem : I have two mails servers and I want to distribute
> incoming mails to a server depending of the domain (e.g.
> somebody at domain1.com  to server1 and somebody at domain2.com to server2)
    Reading your other messages, you seem to indicate that there's one
public IP that both domains are pointed to, and redirecting would have
to happen after that initial hop.

    This is probably not what you want, however the way I handle stuff
like that is through MIMEDefang (which also gives me the benefit of
being a mail scanner at the same time.)

    I host several dozen domains on our network and a large majority of
them come in through 1 MX (1 IP).  That MX will then redirect the
message based on the domain name, by sending it to one of 3 other
servers behind it, depending on which server the final recipient is on.
MIMEDefang's filter is written in perl, so it's rather easy to work with.

    -- A