alfresco installation?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:57:14 UTC 2007

Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>> OK - you got my interest here now that I've had some time to check
>> out alfresco
>>
>> Do you really want to run Fedora 8 instead of RHELv5 or CentOS-5 ?
>
> sure, why not?  is there some reason one shouldn't?

You'll probably want the stuff you do in alfresco to survive longer than
the lifespan of a fedora release and upgrades can be painful.  And there
is a much greater chance of system problems being introduced by updates
within a release in fedora (at least in my experience).

>> How much RAM is this going to need for 3-10 users?
>
> i don't know, i haven't had time to test that far yet.  but i've
> documented my admittedly newbie-level efforts here:
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Alfresco_on_Fedora_8
>
> have at it.  report back.

Your instructions for setting up under tomcat work the same with Centos5
with the exception of the mysql-connector-java not being a stock
package.  Is some other service needed for the cifs side?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com