alfresco installation?

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Nov 19 21:52:10 UTC 2007

> >> Your instructions for setting up under tomcat work the same with Centos5
> >> with the exception of the mysql-connector-java not being a stock
> >> package.  Is some other service needed for the cifs side?
> > ----
> > does it read/depend upon smb.conf from samba?
> >
> > Do you have to configure samba shares?
>
> I suppose we should actually read some documentation, but I was under
> the impression that alfresco was pure java and it's cifs share is a
> virtual view subject to the same rules as the web side so it shouldn't
> have anything to do with samba and probably can't share an IP address
> with it.
----
sorry, I shouldn't have opened my mouth...I'm only in the thinking about
it stage and stopped at the recognition that I don't really have even a
suitable workstation to install it on as a trial and trying to figure
out if I just bite the bullet and buy a new rack server on the bet that
I can make it function and it will be useful to us.

and I definitely haven't even located document 1 of installation and
configuration. I have noticed that it's somewhat difficult to navigate
through everything on their web site & wiki.

Craig