Filesystems Not Mounting

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Nov 20 18:40:07 UTC 2007

Gene Poole wrote:
> You will notice below that the file system that I mounted manually,
> produces 2 entries in fstab.  And when you reboot the machine while it is
> going down produces an error for each duplicated entry.

What version of Fedora are you running? I have never seen mounting a
 file system manually produce changes in /etc/fstab. I do remember
that auto-mounting drives back in FC5 (FC4?) used to produce a
temporary entry in /etc/fstab when you hot-plugged a drive, but even
then manually mounting a file system would not produce an entry in
/etc/fstab. (It would in /etv/mtab...) So I suspect that the entries
were created some other way.

Mikkel