Audacity 1.3.4-beta for testers

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Wed Nov 21 18:18:15 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 21/11/2007, stan <goedigi89__e at cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> "Couldn't play" or "couldn't load"? For mp3 decoding you would need to
>>> build "--with mp3" as you need libmad-devel which is not included with
>>> Fedora. Loading ogg and wav works here.
>>>

>> They loaded, but wouldn't play.  The same error I get when running the
>> versions from audacity.sourceforge.net.
>>  The dialog comes up saying to check the sound
>> card and rate.
>>

> That's what I've described in the original post (for example, I here
> would need to choose a "Project Rate" of 48 kHz to be able to play a
> 44.1 kHz WAV file). And it's one reason why Fedora cannot upgrade to
> these new beta releases yet.

>>> No, the list is correct. Notice the right column (which you get when
>>> you run that command) where it says "installed". Where it says
>>> "fedora" or "livna", it refers to an uninstalled pkg in the
>>> repository.
>>>

>> No, that isn't true.  I actually installed them and checked the help,
>> about for them.
>> They are 1.3.4-beta.
>>

> No, the 1.3.2-* packages really are 1.3.2-beta. They are included with
> Fedora and Livna. You mix up things somehow.
>

>> And they don't work just like the downloads from
>> audacity.sourceforge.net.
>>

> Right, because the code is broken. That's what I'm trying to prove. ;)

All is resolved for me.  I had a copy of audacity in /usr/local/bin and
so it was running
whenever I invoked audacity instead of the version in /usr/bin.  After
removing that,
the rpm that I built from your src.rpm now plays ogg and wav and mp3
files.
i.e. your src rpm for fedora 8 works on fedora 7.

Thank you.