ntfs & nfs on F8

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Thu Nov 22 11:09:04 UTC 2007

szaka at ntfs-3g.org wrote on 21-NOV-2007 09:35:59.89

>> I would like to export a ntfs partition as a nfs-share. I mounted the
>> ntfs partition with the ntfs support that came with the F8 installation.
>> when I try to export the file system "exportfs" tells me that it is not
>> supported.
>
>http://ntfs-3g.org/support.html#nfs
 The README tells me I need the fuse kernel module. This one is not included
in f8 (am I right???). Apart from recompiling is the a save way to install
a binary distribution for these modules?

I did not find anyting fuse related in the livna repostory, which would be
convenient for me, since I use it for some other packages.

I found fuse-kmdl-2.6.23.1-49.fc8-2.7.1-6_7.fc8.i686.rpm at
  http://atrpms.net/dist/f8/fuse/
Is it just sufficient to install this package to get NFS support for NTFS? or
do have reinstall the whole fuse package from this site?

                       Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd