Annoying OO 'Feature': AutoNumbering

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 23 01:58:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 13:19 +0000, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Yeah,well you have to have a document open for Autocorrect to
> appear....which implies, I am sure, that the settings made therein
> will only apply to the one document...which is NOT want I want to do,
>
> AND the exact "feature" is hidden down a scroll-down list under
> Options under Autocorrect....Now having the damn thing re-format your
> paragraph when you type a number plus period as the first characters
> does NOT qualify as 'Autocorrect' in my opinion...expecially as the
> first tab under Autocorrect deals with mis-splet ! words....(hmmm, no
> autocorrect in Thunderbird)...

Here, I didn't have to have a document open.  Well, I did have a blank
page there...  The settings were applied to the program defaults.  I
closed down OpenOffice.org and re-opened it, and it carried on working
as how I'd last set it (not making numbered lists out of numbered items
that I'd typed on the page).

Yes, it is a bit peculiar as to what's per-document, or not.  Yes, it's
not brilliantly named, as it's not necessarily a "correction."  Other
programs might have called that "auto replace."

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.