Can Java just shoot me?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 03:19:48 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 11:45 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     I had no problem finding the PAGE with the things to d/l. The
> problem is getting the dam stuff to WORK!! I followed the Install
> guidance which is hard to read, but I made the directory /usr/java/
> which does not exist on F7, and I did the bash file from that directory
> which put another directory above /usr/java/jre1... which seems to have
> all the java stuff.
>
>     But Firefox can't find this even though it says it will check
> /usr/java/. Should I move everything from that jre1... directory to
> /usr/java/?

stanton-finley.net
Go to this link and follow the "install java" for Fedora. There's stuff
in there that works, it's written plainly and easy to follow. Just do as
written there step by step in the order that he outlines. Do not omit or
try to second guess, just do as written. It's written for FC5 but I used
it on FC7 successfully. If only HOW-TOS were written this plainly. It
worked for me. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar