F8: Pulseaudio error

dpet activecs at activ8.net.au
Fri Nov 23 10:43:09 UTC 2007

> activecs wrote:
> >
> > I have an error message in "messages" and no sound on this laptop.
> >
> > 	The message states:  " localhost pulseaudio[4150]: main.c:
> > Failed to create '/tmp/pulse-xxxx': Operation not permitted "
> >
> > (where xxxx is the user name.)
> >
> > I can't find anything to change to cure this. I wonder if anyone can
> > advise me.
> >
> > DP
> >
> > South Australia
> >
> Make sure you can write to the /tmp folder, and that there isn't
> already a file/folder called /tmp/pulse-xxxx there.

	Thanks for your suggestion. Sorry about the delayed response - I
have been busy trying installation on other disks.  The final solution
to getting sound seems to have been going to "system" "Administration"
"Soundcard Detection" and then under System doing various "restore' and
"Reset" options. I'm afraid I don't know exactly, because I failed to
do one at a time.  I am still not sure if I am using Pulseaudio, but
the sound is loud and clear!

DP
South Australia