firefox redirecting problem

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Fri Nov 23 12:06:18 UTC 2007

Lux Zhang writes:

> On Nov 23, 2007 12:02 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>> Lux Zhang writes:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > I have probelm with firefox. When I access this web site
>> > <URL:http://home.aapt.com.au>http://home.aapt.com.au
>> > from home network (ISP is aapt)
>> >
>> > I always get this error message. my firefox is <URL:http://2.0.0.9>
>> > 2.0.0.9 on F7.
>> >
>> > The page isn't redirecting properly
>> > Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
>> > address in a way that will never complete.
>>
>> Works for me, firefox 2.0.0.9 on FC 8.
>>
>> > However, there is NO problem at all when I open this page with workplace
>> > network, using firefox <URL:http://1.5.0.12>1.5.0.12 of FC6. Where should
>> > I look for fix?
>>
>> Dunno. But you should definitely fix whatever is causing your mail client to
>> format your messages as utterly revolting HTML gibberish, turning firefox
>> version numbers into URLs. Looking at the contents of your mail:
>>
>> > my firefox is <a href="http://2.0.0.9">2.0.0.9</a> on F7.
>>
>> Disgusting.
>
> Hi Hold your language.
>
> I use gmail to compose email. I guess it is your broswer view it as
> html content.

Unlike you, I do not use a "browser" to read my mail. I use a read mail
client.

> try clean up at your end

Now that's a profound thought: it's not your fault when you send senseless,
crap HTML, it's the reader's fault for seeing it, as your HTML generator
intended it to see. Using the same logic: if you get stuck with some smelly
person in the elevator, it's your fault for not wearing nose plugs.