uucp

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Nov 24 01:09:23 UTC 2007

Mike wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>   On both F7 and F8 I need to make user karl belong to the uucp
>> group. I tried to use the gui thing and it will not show me uucp. If
>> I try to make a uucp it says it already exists :-)
>>
>>   How do you do this with a root terminal? I seem to have forgot.
>>

> As root:
>
> $ usermod -G uucp karl
>
> The user karl will need to log out and back in to get the new group
> permission.
>
> -- Mike

    Thanks Mike, I checked with joe /etc/group and karl is a group
member of uucp. This is important because the serial port /dev/ttyS0 is
owned by root and the group uucp. I recall I did this some time ago but
when I tried to use gmfsk it complained it can't tell if /dev/ttyS0 is a
serial or parallel port. This must be a new problem I must figure out,
The data from the sound card is working fine and I copied many psk-31
stations, but can not switch to transmit.

Tomorrow I will try again :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User