FC5 in a commercial product (was Re: Wanna give me a hand debunking this?)

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Nov 24 20:54:45 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 12:43 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I am thinking long and hard about quiting the update game and live
>> on F7. I got 250 updates and it runs real good! I am a Linux person
>> like the business people who want Windows XP because it works for
>> them.
>>

> I'd recommend against that on something that's used with the internet.
> But a box used in isolation in the office doesn't need perpetually
> updating.

    Where have you been Tim? You go in a business and ALL are connected
to the Internet! It seems everyone is using it for orders or looking up
where to get things. Google is working in most offices. Wal Mart stores
have a big LAN which in turn connects to the Internet.  But there are
few working computers there.

     F7 does work fine when updated and a person can be happy just
staying there.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User