Can Java just shoot me?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Sat Nov 24 23:41:19 UTC 2007

>Knute Johnson wrote:

>>> I disagree.  Usable java is the way out of monopoly control of web
>>> browsers (and hardware as well).  It's unfortunate that alternative
>>> operating systems haven't worked to provide it.
>>
>> It works on Windows, Linux and Solaris and Apple (more or less)  With
>> Sun's version going open source I expect to see many more in the near
>> future.
>
>It works as an application if you go get Sun's version in spite of the
>effort to provide incompatible versions in the distributions.

I have no idea what that means.

>So far I haven't seen the solution to the 64-bit browser plugin for Linux.

I don't pay a lot of attention to 64bit because I don't have one but
I know there was some discussion the other day here.

One of the problems is that it changes every version of Fedora.  That
may get better if icedtea actually works.  Since you appear to have
64bit, does icedtea come in a 64bit version?

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...