Wanna give me a hand debunking this?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Nov 26 20:56:55 UTC 2007

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> Fedora's stated lifetime policy and rate of technical advancement
>> has to be weighted against other distribution choices in the Fedora
>> derived ecosystem which move more slowly.  The release cycle and
>> updating policy of the Fedora distribution are not necessarily the
>> most attractive elements for use in production systems.
>
> Or anything but disposable test boxes?

Like various parts of the build infrastructure that builds the various
Fedora and EPEL packages?  I don't consider those to be disposable
test boxes, but I really don't know what your criteria are.

> Are there plans to add the things that would most likely to be
> needed - the popular desktop packages like OpenOffice, Firefox,
> Evolution, Thunderbird, etc. in the versions that fedora is
> shipping?

Not likely.  EPEL isn't about replacing things in RHEL.  It is about
adding on.

It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of
work to do.
    -- Jerome K. Jerome