Fonts (Firefox/Windows & Firefox/Linux)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:36:41 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 04:13:47 pm Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Sorry for the delay Jorge.  Screenshots of the firefox settings I used
> in the screenshots you liked are here:
>
> http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/firefox-font-prefs.png
> http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/firefox-font-prefs-advanced.png
>
> The gnome font settings I've got are:
>
> http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/gnome-font-prefs.png
> http://tmz.fedorapeople.org/gnome-font-prefs-details.png

Thanks Todd!  Interesting that you have your dpi set to 100 in the
gnome-settings.  I guess that matches with what you have
on /etc/X11/Xresources.  I have mine set to 96 dpi.

> I don't have that installed at all, so I'm not sure how much you gain
> by having the bytecode interpreter and subpixel rendering options
> enabled in freetype.

You can try it some day but remember to enable freetype in Firefox. Check the
firefox configuration here (at the end):

http://opensuse-community.org/SubpixelHinting

I'm a rookie when it comes to fonts...but I guess that Firefox uses its own
font renderer UNLESS you make it use freetype by enabling it in the
about:config.

Again, thanks for taking the time to take these screenshots!

All the best,
Jorge