PROJECT BLACKHAT

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 05:58:11 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:30:55 -0600
> Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> it will be about as
>> useful as DOS emulation is now as everything goes 64-bit.
>
> http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/powerbasic-linux/index.html
>
> Don't be in such a big hurry to write off DOS emulation as useless.
>
> It's still the best way to do certain things, like write a "native" program on
> Linux that's intended to be used by Windows users.

Not that it is particularly related to anything, but if you are still
using DOS/DOSEMU, I have to ask if you have ever tried running
DataPerfect.  I think it has been released for free somewhere.  I used
it about 20 years ago and it was the only thing I ever saw where a
useful database program and its data could fit and run from a single floppy.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com