how to share internet connection in fedora

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Nov 28 01:08:33 UTC 2007

Paul Shaffer wrote:
> Azeez, what you need is not trite retorts from resident list imbeciles
> (see Bill's response below), but rather to employ an iptables firewall
> application/script.  There are numerous available to meet any need from
> simple to enterprise-capable.  Firestarter, Shorewall, and I believe
> there is a basic firewall configuration utility in the distro.  The
> web-based firewall gui in Webmin provides a very simple rudimentary
> funtion for this.  There are many others.  Keywords: firewall, nat, masq.

Right, without knowing if he's asking how to plug two computers into a
switch, use Fedora as a firewall, run multiple virtual machines network
connected, or any of the other things you could mean by "share internet
connection in fedora." Instead of asking for clarification so I could
actually help with his problem I should have pulled an answer out of my
ass so I look smart?

Well I guess I should have, you sure did.

On TV game shows someone gives an answer and then the contestant has to
make up a matching question. On a mailing list the question comes first
and then you have to understand it and provide the matching answer.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>