[OT] fglrx problems with compiz and wine

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:07:37 UTC 2007

Excuse me for this offtopic but I didn't find any specific user lists
for livna... I hope others on this list already tested and find
eventually solved
Using fglrx (both 8.42 and 8.43) on F8 x86 as packaged by livna I have
these problems with my ati x1950 crossfire edition
1 incorrect detect of ram. 256 instead of 512.
Found something on mtrr tricking but not sure how to do
2 running wine apps 50% of times crash with an opengl error (drmopen message)
3 compiz doesn' start
It seems texture_from_pixmap only present in client and server but not
in opengl extensions (from glxinfo)
Found that it could help downgrade xorg on fc7 but I don,t know on f8
without risk of messing up rpm db
Any pointers specifically for f8 users?
Thanks