Fedora 8: Laptop doesn't come out of suspend

Huub huubvanniekerk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:12:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 1350 running F8. Previously I had setup power
management to shutdown when the battery ran out, but I changed that to
suspend. However, I can't get the laptop out of suspend. According to
the manual Fn-F4 should do the trick, but it obviously doesn't. Neither
does pressing the Power button which does work on my other laptop
(Toshiba Satellite A100-00M). The only solution is pressing the power
button for 5 seconds (i.e. power-cycle). Does anyone have a suggestion
to solve this?

Thanks.