Windows XP Sucks!

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:25:46 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 12:02 PM, Fernando Apesteguía
<fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2007 8:50 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
> >     I got the file holding the Manual for my BIOS on this computer from
> > BioStar web page and after clicking on the manual thing I d/l a file. It
> > is CRUS5-M9_0829C_B.exe and I have d/l it several times because of Windows.
> >
> >     The .exe makes it a windows file for sure. I tried using the Linux
> > unzip on it and it failed. So fired up my Work laptop which has winXP on
> > it that is seldom used. I have it on a memory stick and when I put it on
> > Windows nothing much happened. But I recalled to bring up "My Computer".
> > And sure enough there was a Kenstin stick as e: and I clicked on it and
> > there was my file.
> >
> >     I put mouse over file and moved it over to the main window. It
> > didn't work and put up a long winded tail why I can't do that. It
> > appears I on the keyboard do not have permission to do that.
> >
> >     I have a kernel package for F7 on the stick that went to my F7 on
> > the laptop. I tried to slide that off and it went without a problem. In
> > fact only the above file can't be moved.
> >
> >     Next I right clicked the file on the stick and selected to Run it.
> > The error panel came up and told me the file is a Trogan type of thing
> > and will not open it.
> >
> >     At a coffee get together all the other guys run Windows and the said
> > there is a way to turn off the thing that calls EVERYTHING a problem.
> > But it is well hidden. I had to listen to all the register problems and
> > how you need to defrag windows every month or so.
> >

> I'm sorry for the possible flame this is going to start:
>
> I've read all your mail, just to see if there is something
> linux-related on it. And (as usual with your mails) there is nothing.
>
> Please, we know Windows _could_ suck but STOP (yes, I'm shouting)
> STOP, STOP, doing things like this.
>
> This post is only noise in the list. And thanks to you, now I'm
> feeling guilty because I'm following your fu#$7ng story.
>
> You never follow the rules man. Never, ever. And they've been told to
> you so many times...
>
> I'm wondering if this is just a test to check our patience.

[snip]

If Karl's off-topic postings irritate you so much set up your mail
filter to put them in a place where his musings don't bother you.

Karl, please do not abuse this list. At times you do post interesting
questions/problems. However, those posts versus non-Linux related
ramblings are few in number. I would hate to see members equate your
posts with spam and put them into the bit bucket.

--Kam