Kickstart and DHCP

Gary Schlachter Gary.Schlachter at tavve.com
Fri Nov 30 13:43:20 UTC 2007

I have a PXE boot setup trying to install FC7.  After the PXE boot and
the vmlinuz and initrd.img are loaded, I am attempting to load FC7 via
NFS from kickstart.  My kickstart file is loaded but when the server
attempts to acquire an IP address via DHCP before NFS mounted the drive,
it times out after multiple DHCP requests.  Using ethereal, it appears
the DHCP server is responding correctly with the same IP address the PXE
server gave previously.  For some currently unknown reason, the DHCP
response is ignored.  Any ideas on why this would happen?

Gary