Local Copy of Repository

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 16:10:50 UTC 2007

On 07/10/2007, das <dasd.here at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. How to choose which mirror is good for us, say, someone living in
> Calcutta (WB, India), with a connection 32 kbps at most?

If what the default mirrorlist (which should return servers suitable
for your geographical location) is considered insufficient (
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/09/14/29868.aspx ), you
could try to choose a server yourself or test the "fastestmirror"
plug-in for Yum.

> 2. Once I download the i386 repository, when I am going to break that
> into DVD-s or CD-s for some system without Net connection, what script I
> am going to use. For ubuntu repository there was a Ruby script called
> 'debcopy'. I don't know Ruby, I just made '+x' on it and then ran it on
> the repository. Is something in F7 like that that will break it into
> coherent pieces?

Try Revisor as a GUI for creating installation and live media:
"yum info revisor"