Remixing Fedora 8

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Oct 11 12:06:12 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

>>> You might be interested how I created the Fedora Electronic Lab. I've
>>> detailed my procedure:
>>> http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2007/09/creating-his-fedora-electronic-lab.html
>>>

>>> Please do use a F8(devel) (aka rawhide) box to create your livecds.
>>>
>>> Chitlesh
>>>
>> I see from the web page that a Live-CD can be made of the current F8
>> test 2 software. I ask is this what users will want? Your
>> instructions are very clear and perhaps I should do it for the
>> experience.
>>

> OK I had to start SELinux for your stuff to work but that seems to
> have done it. It is in a terminal window doing it's thing. I'm on F7
> of course now and there seems at this point to be no problems yet... :-)

    A DSL Internet is a lot slower than your Internet. It took me 5
hours to d/l the files and so this morning I went looking for a .iso
file. It's not there. I was sort of directed to
/var/cache/yum/development/packages and there found 3 rpm packages and
one is kind of large and called isomd5sum-11.3.0.37-1.i386.rpm. I have
no idea how to make this file a .iso file. This is all new and I have no
information to help.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User