Adding IDE card to SATA motherboard

Roberto Malinverni roberto.malinverni at dico.coop.it
Mon Oct 15 14:55:00 UTC 2007

I have two Hamlet PCI controller (20 € each) with one IDE port (2 devices)
and two sata port
in two different PC - an old machine (2001) and a new one (2007) and they
perform
quite well in both cases with ultra-ata maxtor hard drives.
After installation, the boot of the machine was the first time slower than
usual, then it
returned to normal values. The PCI cards added their own bios to the boot
sequence, with
a special key to enter their setup function if needed.
They worked absolutely out of the box.
As for which devices connect to the MB and which to the card, the only thing
that you
have to keep in mind is that not all PCI card are "bootable" (mine are not,
for instance so I use them for
storage only). The performance is the same.
Roberto Malinverni

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'