Javac-compilor error

Szára György lagymata at freestart.hu
Tue Oct 16 09:48:49 UTC 2007

Hello ,
would you like cast a coursory glance at my probleme please, and
consider to give some advice that bids some issue me to ustruck.

I had to endure a failure again with FC 4 distr. as I was trying compile
an introductory file necessaire to further studies.
Preliminaries:
Having the intent to get a tutorial I loaded down from website
http://math.hws.edu/javanotes  Java 5.0 tutorial and in a separate
directory all the accessory files in order to follow the demonstrated
discipline id.e.programming Java.

As I get along in may study the tutorial suggested as follows:
Try on command line type java -version et
			 javac -version.
Both of them gave me positive response with a disclaimer from the party
of Red Hat against all faillure may the user occur.
Next it told me to copy the TextIO.java source file from the source
directory of the aforesaide Web site in my own home or newly established
javawork directory. Thereafter I had to type in order to compile the
source file on the command line:
# javac TextIO.java
in order to achieve a binary library for the further studies in
demonstrating the tought programming. But my attempt result this time
(too) in ERROR as follows:

 Gyurka at bakacs ~]$ cd ./javawork
[Gyurka at bakacs javawork]$ javac TextIO.java
----------
1. ERROR in TextIO.java
 (at line 4)
        import java.util.IllegalFormatException;
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The iGyurka at bakacs javawork]$mport java.util.IllegalFormatException
cannot be resolved
----------
2. ERROR in TextIO.java
 (at line 374)
        out.printf("%" + minChars + "s", x);
            ^^^^^^
The method printf(String, Object) is undefined for the type PrintWriter
----------
3. ERROR in TextIO.java
 (at line 420)
        public static void putf(String format, Object... items) {
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Syntax error, varargs are only available if source level is 5.0
----------
4. ERROR in TextIO.java
 (at line 424)
        out.printf(format,items);
            ^^^^^^
The method printf(String, Object[]) is undefined for the type
PrintWriter----------
5. ERROR in TextIO.java
 (at line 426)definitive
        catch (IllegalFormatException e) {
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IllegalFormatException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
6. ERROR in TextIO.java7 problems (7 errors)[Gyurka at bakacs javawork]$

 (at line 851)
        floatMatcher.region(pos,buffer.length());Gyurka at bakacs
javawork]$
                     ^^^^^^
The method region(int, int) is undefined for the type Matcher
----------
7. ERROR in TextIO.java
 (at line 867)
        integerMatcher.region(pos,buffer.length());
                       ^^^^^^
The method region(int, int) is undefined for the type Matcher
7 problems (7 errors)[Gyurka at bakacs javawork]$

Unfortunately this library-file (TextIO.) is so crutial in further
experiments set aside that I am temporarily struck with all possible
experimanting with my subject that I hardly can do without it.

I should very graceful to anybody who could me lending some helping
issue.
best regards George Szára

Tavaszig, most minden féláron! ADSL Internet már 1 745 Ft/hó -tól.
Keresse ajánlatunkat a http://www.freestart.hu oldalon!