Grub info stinks

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Tue Oct 16 23:54:20 UTC 2007

5:40pm Karl Larsen said:

>   I with John have been looking at both man grub and info grub and they both
> stink! I think what grub needs is someone to write a man grub that covers all
> the things you want  from grub. It is I think a great boot loader but the
> guys who wrote the good code are not real good at writing a manual to show
> others how to use it. It appears that anaconda has been taught to use it
> well.
>
>   So let us write a man page that makes it easy for a human to write a
> working grub.

Even worse, the Fedora grub packages *out* upstream functionality but
leaves the now-bogus documentation in. I'm specifically referring to the
missing upstream savedefault/fallback features replaced with an
undocumented savedefault --once hack instead. :-(

There's been an open bug on this for a year now:
 	http://bugzilla.redhat.com/212649

../C