nvidia

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:09:30 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:

>> If I depend on say "Oracle" and since Oracle is proprietary I should not run
>> it on Linux?
>
> You are taking a general statement and applying it to a very specific
> circumstance.
>
> In the particular case cited, Linux may indeed be the answer you seek.
> However, in general terms, the solutions that folks like Les are looking for
> can be most easily found in places other than Linux.  Microsoft and Apple are
> the two largest examples of such places.

Each of those introduce their own issues: OS X only runs on a limited
set of hardware and we all know about the problems with Microsoft.
However, in my opinion, the GPL, by preventing competitive combinations
of software components, has made more money for Microsoft than anything
Steve Balmer has ever said or done.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com