basic question about assigning ip address

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon Oct 1 03:32:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 10:02:19PM -0500, Peter Horst wrote:
> I would love to find a nice switch or hub that supports wireless - any
> suggestions would be most welcome.

Linksys WRT54GL, for approximately $70. Or really any other Linksys model,
but the GL version is specifically designed to be able to easily run
alternate Linux versions of its firmware like OpenWrt.

> I'm virtually certain they haven't withdrawn any of my IP addresses - I
> got them a long, long time ago & I'm pretty sure nothing has changed
> since then -

It would be very surprsing for Speakeasy to do something like that --
they're generally very good to geek customers.