Scribus scripts

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Oct 1 19:15:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 22:47 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Apparently Scribus uses python for scripting language but the scripts
> > aren't installed on x86_64 but only on i386
> [...]
> > am I missing something here?
>
> Nope.  This appears to be a bug in the 64 bit builds.  It affects
> ppc64 as well as x86_64.  I reported it to bugzilla here:
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/312091
>
> It seems like a simple fix, but I don't have an x86_64 boxes to test
> with.  As linked in the bug, the fix is reported to be to add
> --with-extra-libs=%{_libdir} to the %configure call in the spec file.
> (I think that the --with-python-dir=... option can be removed then,
> but I haven't tested that.)
>
> If you can build an test with the attached changes to the scribus spec
> file, add a comment to the bug report if it helps.
>
> (Disclaimer:  I know next to nothing about scribus, I was just curious
> about the build failure. :)
----
OK - haven't added any comments to bugzilla but I will but wanted to
report my lack of success thus far with building from adjusted spec
file.

First of all, it appears that both the i386 and x86_64 versions of
python devel & libs are installed so after a few abortive installs, I
removed the i386 devel and libs packages.

still though, according my build logs (both commenting out
with-pythondir= line and leaving it in)...

Configuration Summary:

Libraries:
   Freetype2 installed:     Yes
   Fontconfig found:        Yes
   CUPS installed:          Yes
   LittleCMS installed:     Yes
   libtiff installed:       Yes
   Libxml2 installed:       Yes
   Python installed:        No (or too old - 2.3 required)
Configuration options:
   Debugging enabled:       No
   cairo enabled:           No (If you don't know you need this, ignore
it)
Other details:
   GhostScript 8.15 was found at /usr/bin/gs

Good - your configure finished. Start make now

+ --with-extra-libs=/usr/lib64
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.12154: line 52: --with-extra-libs=/usr/lib64: No such
file or directory

RPM build errors:

which leads me to the obvious problem is that it is not finding what it
expects for python. I have tried the following...

in the spec file...
   --with-pythondir=%{_prefix}
   --with-extra-libs=%{_libdir}
or
   --with-pythondir='/usr/lib64'
   --with-extra-libs=%{_libdir}
or
  commenting out the pythondir altogether and
   --with-extra-libs=%{_libdir}

still no change.

It does build ok if I remove the '--with-extra-libs=%{_libdir}' but of
course, without the python scripts.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>