help moving addresses?

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Mon Oct 1 21:59:54 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: help moving addresses?
From: Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date: 10/01/2007 02:52 PM

> Hi,
>
> I have posted already to the kde-pim list with no response, so am trying here.
>
> I have two computers, old and new running respectively FC5 x86_64 and F7
> x86_64. On the old I have kaddressbook 3.5.3. I'd like to move it's 1500 or
> so contacts to kmail 1.9.7 on the new computer. I can manage the data
> transfer but what files do I need to move?
>
> I know I can export and reimport but is there something simpler?
>
> Dave

How much simpler do you want it? I do not know which file/directory to
move. It may be faster if I did; but I doubt it. Not knowing the
back-end way of doing this and knowing that I could export to a single
file and import that same file into the other system and the fact that I
really only have to do this once, I would choose the
export/transfer/import and be done with it.