Vegas questions, questions, questions....

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Mon Oct 1 22:34:19 UTC 2007

I've on deadline crunch and butting my head against the wall. This seems like
it should be simple. Doc is centered on screen talking away and he refers to
product - I want to cut to a shot of him moved over taking up the right two
thirds of the screen - so far so good; on the left third of the screen I want
a blue background gradient going from near black at bottom to deep blue at
top - so far so good (over this I'm going to bring up relevant product info
as he discusses it - so far so good); so, here's my question - how do I do a
soft transition between my right background edge and the live video of Doc? I
found the 'Sony Border' effect, but that does all sides of the gradient - I
just want to soften the edge between the gradient and the video...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA