F7 and WoW?

Jason Viloria jnvilo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:12:34 UTC 2007

Chris wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:32:45 -0700
> Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Chris wrote:
>>
>>> Before I run off and remove my kids Windows2000 OS for Fedora, will
>>> F7 play WoW?  HE wants to play Wow really bad but also wants to try
>>> out Linux.
>>>

>> Both Cedega
>> (http://games.cedega.com/gamesdb/games/alphabrowse.mhtml?letter=W)
>> and CrossoverOffice
>> (http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?letter=w)
>> support WoW
>>
>> Wine supports it too, supposedly
>> (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=9262,
>> http://frankscorner.org/) but I've had troubles using wine in Fedora:
>> I tried running openCanvas in it and it wouldn't work.
>> CrossoverOffice ran it perfectly and even supports wacom tablets out
>> of the box.
>>
>> To reiterate: yes it's possible
>>

> Ahh - perfect!
>
> I'll experiment a bit before wiping his drive.

I was playing it until a few months ago using Cedega and my hardware is
gefore 7900 GS with 2gigs ram and Athlon64 and WoW works  quiet ok at
about 40fps 1024x768 res.
I would put it that it's down to anywhere between 25% to 50% less
performance than on windows depending on where you are in WoW and number
of mobs/players in your area.

br
jason