PC bios confused in which harddrive to boot fedora OS: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media!

Excalibur Xcalibur excalibur.xcalibur at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:58:41 UTC 2007

Please read below:

On 10/1/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> *snip*
> I'm guessing that they way you've connected them, the computer is now
> trying to boot from the other drive, and you haven't got anything on it
> to boot from.  Try plugging them into each other's data ports, and see
> if the system boots up from your first drive.  e.g. It's looking for
> drive one, and you've got it plugged into socket two.

That worked! Just by interchanging cables.

You might want to do what the message said, go into your BIOS, and play
> with the options for selecting which is your boot drive.

Well this one doesn't work so well. The problem is that in the BIOS, both
are *identical*. Meaning they have the same reference caled ST57XXX.  So if
I select this one, it doesn't boot the primary drive.

--
Peter "Excalibur"