Sharing a printer with Mac OS X 10.4

André Costa blueser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:54:49 UTC 2007

Hi Tim,

On 10/1/07, Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 22:02 -0300, André Costa wrote:
> > First I thought that going to the Printer configuration dialog and
> > setting it as "Shared" should do the trick. Not really: her Mac
> > doesn't see the printer on the network.
>
> Click on 'Server Settings' and check that published printers are being
> shared with other computers.
>
> For what it's worth, I have a Mac OS X 10.4 system here where sharing
> works without problems both ways.

You're right, I just tested it and it works! Thks! =) I completely
overlooked the "Server Settings" options... =/

... which leads to the question: if I share a printer, shouldn't the
admin tool suggest that I also make sure published printers are being
shared? (or at least warn me if they're not?) Does it make sense to
mark printers as shared if the "Shared published printers" isn't
checked on the "Server Settings" dialog?

Anyway, thks for the tip =)

Regards,

Andre