Desktop Frozen after trying to launch NFS mounted folder from Nautilus

Sudheer Satyanarayana sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in
Tue Oct 2 17:09:52 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm using FC6 and GNOME. I had shortcut to an NFS shared folder on my
desktop. Today I clicked the shortcut folder icon on the desktop and
nautilus and desktop froze. I can't launch nautilus. The icons on the
desktop are not visible either. Nothing happens when I right click on
the desktop. Apparently the NFS server is down. I tried
CTRL+ALT+Backspace and then swithing to runlevel 3 and back to runlevel 5.

I still can't launch nautilus and my desktop is blackened. How can I
resolve this?

--
With Warm Regards,
Sudheer. S