Question about versions

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed Oct 3 19:55:32 UTC 2007

Mike,

I think Frank's response was to identify all the different server
components that do exist on Fedora.  Fedora is a full-featured
distribution containing lots o' OSS (Open Source Software).

Your choice of "mode" may not evoke your meaning.  There is no
particular "mode". It is really more a question of what packages you
choose to install either during the initial installation, or afterwards
with tools like yum....

Of course, you will then need to continue down the path of "configuring"
the packages that you have installed.

Many of us on this list, though, have found the rapid pace of Fedora to
be wonderful for desktop use since I always gain asking to bleedin' edge
hardware support.  On the other hand, my servers tend to be a little
more static and I prefer a distribution that is not quite so rapid.  For
server use, if I need support I use Red Hat Enterprise Linux, but in
situations that cannot afford that, I use CentOs (a RHEL rebuild sans
support).  Those distributions live in the same universe as Fedora but
are less rapid in their "changes"....

Good luck!

--Rob