The Update Problem

Eric J. Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:40:51 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Why do you keep starting new threads rather than continuing the
>> discussion in the pre-existing thread?
>>

> Because you see I first thought the problem was someone else sending
> things to me. Now I know the problem was actually the pup software in
> this computer! So it is a new issue.

Email list decorum is when you start a thread with a discussion
regarding, for example, slow hard drive speeds, to continue replying to
replying on that thread, with that subject line, even if the subject
becomes about replacing the computer's motherboard to fix a bad hard
connector that was creating the slow hard drive speeds.

Usually, the time for a new thread is when after months of using your
new motherboard with fast hard drive speeds and you have a problem with
memory would you make a new thread.

Again, it's just a method of being polite on a list, much like
responsing to a post and bottom posting with the previous text above
your text, it's much easier to read and follow and provide follow up
help with.

Eric

--
Eric Feldhusen
Network Administrator    http://www.remc1.org
eric at remc1.org
PO Box 270              (906) 482-4520  x239
809 Hecla St            (906) 482-5031 fax
Hancock, MI  49930      (906) 370 6202 mobile